Home ownership is a dream for every investor and the purchasing power differs from each person depending on the financial status. There is a community of real estate investors with disabilities who are offered certain privileges;
DC Fawcett reviews has written a review about how to get home ownership if the person is either mentally or physically challenged.
The federal government offers certain special schemes and loans for these people to make their home ownership dream come true.
Some Tips about Home ownership by Dc Fawcett
•There is a rule that landlords cannot deny selling or renting their homes to disabled people nor set special rules and regulations. All must be treated equally like a regular tenant. They cannot disqualify them as non-potential buyer.
• People with disabilities may request changes in policies, practices, and services so they are able to access, use, and enjoy equal access to housing.
• Landlords and housing providers should accommodate reasonable requests to assist at all stages of the housing process and they have all the rights to ask for reasonable structural modifications that will provide them comfort.
• They can depend upon the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO), which was started to protect the rights of all homebuyers and individuals seeking housing, including individuals with physical and emotional disabilities.
• The Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Consumer Credit Protection Act make sure that financial institutions offer finance to all investors irrespective of sex, ensures that no discrimination is made if people are disabled.
Financing for disabled
Most of the time, the money is borrowed from a mortgage lender, bank, or credit union after an initial down payment is made.
• The mortgage lender should not restrain from lending money if the borrower is disable physically or mentally challenged.
• There are several acts and governing bodies that protect the rights of disabled people; in case they are denied with mortgage the lender is punishable by law.
Programs for Home Buyers with Disabilities
• Homeownership Voucher Program
HUD offers a Homeownership Voucher Program that can make owning a home more affordable. This program exists to subsidize monthly mortgage or rent payments for low-income and disabled individuals. HUD counselors in your state can help you apply for this program.
• Supplemental Security Income
The Social Security Administration started this program to help aged, blind, and disabled persons who have little to no income pay for basic needs.
• Federal Programs
Department of Veterans Affairs: Specially Adapted Housing Grants (SAH) and Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) Grants are exclusively programs for veterans with disabilities. This program has certain guidelines pertaining to their income.
• The USDA offers financial assistance for elderly, disabled, and low-income rural residents in multi-unit housing complexes. This program ensures these individuals can make their rent payments.
• FHA loans are insured by the federal governments which are preferable as they are scam free.
To know more about home ownership, housing loan schemes and other privileges for disabled people, check out the articles in virtual real estate investing club written by DC Fawcett who has thrown light about these special people.